Student visas are issued to foreign citizens traveling to Bolivia with academic and
There are two categories for emission of Student Visas:
- STUDENT VISA WITH EXCHANGE AGREEMENT WITH STATE: This visa is granted for one hundred eighty (180) calendar days. In order to pursue studies under state academic agreements, this visa enables the student to process the temporary for a similar period.
- STUDENT VISA WITHOUT EXCHANGE AGREEMENT WITH THE STATE: This visa is granted for one hundred eighty (180) calendar days. In order to pursue studies under academic agreements between public or private universities or other foreign schools and enables the student to process the temporary for a similar period.
- Completed SWORN STATEMENT under the corresponding category
- Original Passport with at least 6 months of validity.
- Vaccination certificate against yellow fever and/or other health certificate, if applicable
- One recent 2" x 2" passport type photograph, without glasses, white background.
- The Student visa has a fee of 50.00.-U$ (american dollars) can be paid by money
order or certified check payable to the Embassy of Bolivia.
* If you apply at the Honorary Consulate of Montreal, the Money Order should be payable to Consulat de Bolivie – Montreal.
- School transcript attesting last lever studied conducted in school, college or university in the country of residence, legalized by the corresponding Consular Office (look under the procedure for legalization of documents).
- Original or certified copy of acceptance letter issued by the Higher Education Institution in Bolivia. Applicable for a student visa with state or private agreement.
- Legalized copy of agreement or interagency agreement as appropriate, where the type of student exchange is established. Applicable for a student visa with private agreement.
- Certificate stating that the applicant has no criminal and/or police record, issued by competent authority in the country of origin or last residence, according to current regulations.
- Procedure for legalization of documents at the Embassy:
- Procedure usually takes 2 – 3 working days from the date we receive your documents.
- We do not cover mailing services or shipping costs, so please enclose a pre-paid self addressed envelope. The Embassy is not responsible for lost or damaged documents outside the office or during transit.
- Foreign citizens under 18 years old, require a legalized Travel Authorization (look under the requirements for sworn statement of travel authorization of minors)